ABOUT FABIHA SULTANA ®
Fabiha Sultana is a British Bangladeshi Fashion and Textile designer born in Solihull, England. Her passion for the creative industry was sparked from an early age. She focused her studies towards her creative skills, leaving High school with high grades in GCSE Art and Design and Sixth form with A-Level Fashion and Textiles. Fabiha graduated in September 2017 with a First class Bachelor of Arts with honours in Fashion and textiles from Wolverhampton School of Art and Design. Additionally, in January 2020 Fabiha graduated with a Distinction 1:1 grade Master of Arts in Fashion and Textiles from Birmingham School of Fashion and Textiles (Birmingham City University).
Fabiha’s fashion collection and conceptual ideas are aimed to paint and visually express key elements from the Bangladeshi and British culture by merging the two together. This powerful innovation blended with contemporary art represents Fabiha’s vision to be at the forefront of an industry which is constantly evolving.
The brand identity focuses and challenges culture, lifestyles and celebrates the differences. It is something unique and meaningful for a contemporary luxury menswear brand. The main aim behind Fabiha’s brand is to form a bridge amongst the British and Bangladeshi community and connect them to their roots via fashion and textile design.
Some of Fabiha’s design achievement to date:
· Fabiha’s latest collection ‘Shonar Bangla’ was featured on the BBC One Show early 2020 on a mini documentary about Fashion and Retailing.
· Fabiha was also awarded the ‘Young British Bangladeshi Entrepreneur of the year Award 2020’ at the B3 Business Club in Aston Villa football club
· In 2019 was awarded the ‘Best creative and commercial industry award’ from the Birmingham School of Art, Fashion and Textile at the MA Vision for the future fashion show.
· In 2019, Fabiha showcased her collection at the Midland Fashion Award where she came runners up for the ‘Best emerging designer 2019’
· Featured in UK Bangladesh Catalysts of Commerce & Industry (UKBCCI) Business and Entrepreneurs excellence awards 2019, where she presented two fashion shows on the runway showcasing her creative and passion for fashion.
· Previous collection ‘Terminus’ was recognised by Dulux at the New Designers Show 2017 where she was awarded the ‘Best colour in Design’-LOVES from Dulux.
· Guest lecturer at Birmingham city university, Birmingham school of fashion where she guides and inspires new Postgraduate MA students, who are studying in fashion, textiles, fashion promotion and marketing.
· Earlier this year in January 2020 Fabiha showcased her brand on live TV on an international platform on both Channel S and NTV Europe, on talk shows explaining her brand vision and aspirations as a female designer.